Sunday, April 2, 2017

DICKSON!!!

3/26/17

bought a camera charger last week. Sorry, been busy... Also, I only have two transfers left so it seems like at the end of the mission the letter-writing just gets kind of lazy. Sorry... New companion (last companion), I've started writing down all the names of important people I want to remember in my areas so I can write little paragraphs at home to remember them, Elder Puzey loves to clean (+++=++), another of my previous companions is engaged (15 companions in all, more than most missionaries by a long-shot), Sister Glory Lim from Viewmont High School just moved into our zone and even into our district, MLC this upcoming week (that meeting with all the zone leaders and the mission president that is super fun!!!), and had meetings with the stake, with the ward, and the ward correlation meeting on Sunday (all-in-all like 3.5 hours of meetings Sunday morning [ya we are important {not}]). Don't know what else to say about last week.

Quickly glanced at the letter and noticed the part about Mary. I will include more thoughts next week, but I want to just quickly share something I have been pondering on this last week: "You don't have to be first, but you darn well better be the last to quit." That has been my motto for a week or so now. The thing about being the last to quit--everyone can do it. There will never be a person better than another at 'not quitting'. That is how people see success. That is how Sarah is doing so well at art, that is how I scraped through with a 4.0. I know in my case it was certainly not a case of intelligence, but rather one of "this is what I want and I am going to get it". Mary, I know you are so good at not quitting, and if you don't ever quit you will never do anything you will regret, because you tried. You are going to do amazing things of your own, so find what is your own. Never quit.

Displaying IMG_1374.JPG

Here is my mission grandson!


Pancakes for breakfast every morning.  


All the missionary bikes at district meeting.











a lot of different stuff, self-explanatory probably


No comments:

Post a Comment