Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Letters: Sarah

Sarah,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas break! I still can’t believe that if all goes right you will be a freshman in college at the same time as me. Freaks me out. I’m the one that’s two years older right??? Either way, it will be super fun and I am super excited!! I hope you like the little gifts I got you! It was a little hard, but when I saw that stuff I was like, “Yeah! Cool little Taiwanese stuff!” Even though it is the general stuff as Mary, I chose the color and patterns on the box, teacup, and fingernail clippers from a variety of others based on what I felt like would fit you, so I hope you like it (if the fingernail clippers don’t work, I’m sorry. Even if it’s useless it still looks cool right?)! The ‘chengyu’ or Chinese idiom I chose for you means something like “make lasting and deep connections with others”. Even if that isn’t actually what it means, that’s what I thought it meant. You have always been so good at connecting with people on a sort of deeper and more personal level, and I’ve always admired that. You’ve expressed in several letters how you feel snippety at times and a little bit impatient, but at least I knew back in high school around midnight doing homework when you and I were both fed up with school that you and I were great friends and that after we went to sleep and got through the homework it would be all better. I feel like when people know that you love them on a more personal and deep level (and when you are able to express that freely), people are a lot more understanding and patient with what you might consider ‘personality flaws’. You do that wonderfully, so I gave you that idiom. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day! I love you Sarah!!
-Jojo (a.k.a. Elder Hawkes)

Displaying P1010309.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment